Back Up Your Site!!! Part 2:Using a WordPress Plugin.
Back Up Your Site!!!
Part 2:Using a WordPress Plugin.
After my experience of losing my site – twice! Which I described in Back Up Your Site!!! Part 1: The warning. I’ve made this series of posts to show you how to prevent and overcome the problem.
In this video I show you how I was taught to back up my WordPress database so it can be restored if it crashes or gets hacked.
This my first ever video so please excuse the quality.
Install Backup Plugin
1. Log in to your wordpress dashboard.
2. Click on the Plugin tab, select “add new”
3. In the “search” box enter the term “backup” and click “search plugins“.
4. From the list select “WP-DB-backup” plugin by Austin Matzko and click on “install”.
5. Click “OK” on the “Are you sure you want to install this” box.
6. Click on “Activate plugin”
Schedule Your Backups
1. Click on the “Tools” tab in your dashboard and select “backup“.
2. To make an instant backup go to “Backup Options” and select your prefered destination of your backup file as shown below.
What to do with the backup file:
- Once Hourly
- Twice Daily
- Once Daily
- Once Weekly
Filed under: Internet Marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!